Description of Meta Information Settings in WordPress SEO plugin.
With SEO by 10Web plugin, you are able to manage and modify the meta information of your website. Navigate to SEO by 10Web > Meta Information page to configure these settings.
Start off by selecting a page, taxonomy or a post type from Pages menu. You can select one of the following kinds of posts, taxonomies or pages:
- Special Pages (e.g. Homepage, 404 Page)
- Post Types
- Taxonomies (e.g. categories, tags)
Select the one you wish to modify and the meta settings will appear below. Let’s go through each option and find out more about their functionality.
Meta title / Meta description
Use these settings to set meta title and meta description for your taxonomy, page or post type. After clicking in these inputs, Insert Placeholder button will appear.
Press this button to use a dynamically generated data, for instance, post category description. It will be added to Meta title or Meta description the following way:
Use this input to insert keywords for the selected page, post type or taxonomy. You can provide multiple keywords by separating them by a comma and a space character. Here is an example:
homepage, mywebsite, mykeyword
Configure the indexation settings of your website with this option. You can select one of the following:
- Index: The page will be indexed by search engines.
- No index: if selected, content=”noindex” attribute will be added to the
<meta>tag of your page, post type or taxonomy. This way, you can disallow search engines to show your website in search results.
- Follow: Mark this option to let search engines to crawl outgoing links.
- Nofollow: selecting this, the plugin will add content=”nofollow” to the
<meta>tag of this page, post type or taxonomy. This way, search engines will not follow the outgoing links.
Also, Meta robots option lets you enable or disable the following settings:
- NO ODP: if enabled, the plugin adds content=”noodp” attribute to the
- No Image Index: in case you do not want the search engines to index the images of your website, activate this option.
- No Archive: adds content=”noarchive” to
<meta>tag, disallowing search engines to keep a cached copy of your page, post type or taxonomy.
- No Snippet: the attribute content=”nosnippet” is added to
<meta>tag, disallowing search engines to show a description under your website listing as a search result.
Facebook/OpenGraph and Twitter
Use the following options to edit the information for OpenGraph and Twitter. As the Meta title and Meta description, click on the inputs to use Insert Placeholder button and use a dynamic data in titles or descriptions.
- OpenGraph title / Twitter title
- OpenGraph description / Twitter description
- OpenGraph images / Twitter images
With OpenGraph images and Twitter images options, you can select the images, which will be used when users share this page, post type or taxonomy on Facebook and Twitter.
Note, that you can just fill out the data for Facebook/OpenGraph settings and select Same as OpenGraph option under Twitter tab. The same settings will be used for Twitter sharing.
The preview of the search results listing, as well as the display of Facebook/Twitter sharing, will be provided under Preview column of Meta Information page.
SEO by 10Web Metabox
Besides the generat Meta Information settings, the plugin allows you to modify this data for each post or page individually. Simply edit the post, scroll to the very bottom and find SEO by 10Web metabox.