Publishing Photo Gallery Widgets
Photo Gallery plugin comes packed with the following 4 types of widgets:
- Photo Gallery widget,
- Photo Gallery Slideshow,
- WordPress Standard Tag Cloud.
- Dynamic Photo Gallery Tags Cloud,
The first 3 unique-looking widgets are created by Photo Gallery plugin itself. Furthermore, the plugin lets you publish Photo Gallery tags using WordPress Standard Tag Cloud. All these 4 widget layouts allow you to display galleries, images, and tags on any widget area of your WordPress website.
To begin configuring your first gallery widget, navigate to Appearance > Widgets page. Look for the widget you wish to add, then drag it to the necessary widget area.
Photo Gallery widget
This widget allows you to add galleries or gallery groups to your website sidebar, footer or any other widget area provided by your website theme. Add it to the area where you wish to display Photo Gallery, then configure its settings.
Firstly, set a Title for your gallery and select its Type, which can be a Gallery or a Gallery group.
- Galleries / Gallery groups. Use these options to select the galleries or gallery groups to display with the widget.
- Gallery Type. In case you select Gallery as the Type of this widget, you can use this setting to showcase the images with Thumbnail or Masonry grids.
- Sort. Choose the sorting for your galleries or gallery groups. You can set it to pick Random items, display First or Last of a specified number of items.
- Count. Specify the number of images, galleries or gallery groups to display with Photo Gallery widget.
- Dimensions. Specify the width and height of Photo Gallery widget.
- Themes. Select the theme to apply to your Photo Gallery widget.
As you finish setting up these options, make sure to press Save.
Photo Gallery Slideshow
Place a compact and unique image slideshow on your website using Photo Gallery Slideshow widget. You can enable slideshow effects, set the images to slide automatically, activate navigation buttons, and more.
Find Photo Gallery Slideshow from Appearance > Widgets page and drag it to the necessary widget area. Provide a Title for the widget, then use Galleries drop-down menu to choose a gallery to display.
- Slideshow effect. Use this option to set an animation effect to the slideshow widget.
- Enable shuffle. Activate this option, in case you wish to showcase slideshow images in random order.
- Enable autoplay. Use this setting to allow the images of your gallery to slide automatically.
- Enable control buttons. Set this option to Yes to display Next/Previous and Play/Pause buttons on your slideshow widget.
- Dimensions. Specify the width and height of your Photo Gallery Slideshow widget.
- Filmstrip size. Set the size of the slideshow filmstrip. If the filmstrip is horizontal, this indicates its height, whereas for vertical filmstrips it sets the width.
- Time interval. Specify the time interval between slides in Photo Gallery Slideshow widget.
- Themes. Choose the theme to use on your Photo Gallery Slideshow widget.
Save the widget to keep the modifications you have made to these options.
WordPress Standard Tags Cloud
Tags added to images in Photo Gallery plugin can be published with WordPress Standard Tag Cloud widget. It displays the tags in a list, styled with the design of your website theme. As users click on a Photo Gallery tag, the images with that particular tag will be displayed on a separate page.
Set a Title to display above the widget and set Taxonomy option to Photo Gallery. In case Show tag counts option is enabled, the number of images with the listed tags will display.
Make sure to hit Save after you finish configuring these settings.
Photo Gallery Tags Cloud
Photo Gallery Tags Cloud widget lets you have a rotator with tags or images on your WordPress site. After clicking on a tag, users will be redirected to a page which contains the images with this particular tag. Whereas, when they click on an image, its larger version will appear with lightbox.
To start setting up Photo Gallery Tags Cloud widget, find it on Appearance > Widgets page and drag it to the desired widget area.
Provide a Title for the widget and choose its Type, which can be set to Text or Image. Afterwards, proceed to configure the following settings.
- Show tag names. Use this setting to enable the names of Photo Gallery tags. Note, that this option is applicable to Text type of Photo Gallery Tags Cloud widget only.
- Open in. With this option, you can choose to display the images with tags on a separate page or with Photo Gallery’s lightbox.
- Number. Specify the number of tags to display with this widget. Set it to 0, if you wish to showcase all tags on Photo Gallery images.
- Dimensions. Set the width and height for Photo Gallery Tags Cloud widget.
- Transparent background. Enable this setting to set a transparent background to the widget. Alternatively, you can disable it and set with the color picker in Background color option.
- Text color. Select the text color of tags in the widget.
- Theme. Choose the theme which will be applied to the page with images corresponding to each tag.
Make sure to click Save to publish your Tags Cloud widget.