Configuring SEO Settings
Guide to configure SEO settings of WordPress themes.
SEO consists of three basic sections for homepage, single post/page and index page. It defines keywords, meta tags, titles, and canonical URLs of your site or specific pages and categories.
- Click Appearance > Theme Options > SEO.
To customize your Homepage use one of the following options:
- Custom Title. Check the box to provide a custom title for the website. By default it takes the combination of the website name and its description.
- Meta Description. Check the box to provide a custom description for the website. By default it takes the website description.
- Meta Keywords. The keywords are not added to the header by default. However, you can add meta keywords to your site. You can list them in the box separating them with commas.
- Autogeneration Method (if Custom Titles are disabled). Here you can select the order of the description and/or title for the automatic title generation.
- Blogname and Post Title Separator. Here you can specify a character that separates the blog title and post name when the previous autogeneration option is used.
Single Post/Page SEO
- Custom Title. You can change the title of the pages/posts checking this option. Define the title in SEO Expert box below the text body of the corresponding pages/posts.
- Meta Description. By default, the meta description field is filled out based on your site description. However, you can change the page/post description providing meta description in SEO Expert box below the text body of the corresponding pages/posts.
- Meta keywords. The keywords are not added to the header by default. However, you can add meta keywords to your post/page. You can list them in SEO Expert box below the text body of the corresponding pages/posts.
- Autogeneration method. You can choose to keep the default version of combined page/post title and page/post description or choose the order of their appearance.
- Site name and Title Separator. Here you can add any symbol to separate the site name and the page/post title in your page/post in case of autogeneration.
Index Page SEO (archive and category pages)
- Meta Description. Enabling this option you can add meta description for the categories (applies the Description of the post category).
- Autogeneration method. You can choose to keep the default version of combining site name and category name and choose the order of their appearance from the provided options.
- Blogname and Category Name Separator. Here you can add any symbol to separate the site name and the category name in your page in case of autogeneration.
NOTE: You can also generate Facebook and Twitter meta tags for title, description and image for sharing in this tab.
Click the Save Settings button to save your changes.