Restoring WordPress Theme
Description of Theme backup and restore.
While developing and updating your WordPress website, you might accidentally break something. To make it possible to restore your website quickly, you need to create backups. Consider using the BackUpWordPress plugin for backups.
To make your backups with the plugin, in admin panel:
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the Search Plugins text box, type in BackUpWordPress and hit enter.
- Click Install Now in the plugin’s combo box.
- Once the plugin installs, click Activate Plugin.
- Go to Tools > Backups and click Run now to create your first backup.
- Click Settings to configure the plugin backup creation time and backup targets: database only/database and files/files only.
- Click Done.
Restoring Website from Backup
To restore the website from the backup:
- In the Tools > Backup, Download the backup that you want to restore.
- Upload the archive contents to the WordPress installation folder, overwriting all existing files.
10Web provides backup service through its advanced Backup plugin. You can use it to backup and restore your website theme, as well as any files, folders or database tables of your website.